NPD 2019: Tributes Nominations are Open
Together We Can Change the World: NPD 2019
Tributes Honorees have passed away in the past year, and have left their mark.
Submit a Tributes Nomination: Deadline is 5:00PM on Friday, August 16, 2019.
Each year on National Philanthropy Day, AFP Golden Gate honors up to two dozen Bay Area philanthropists and fundraisers who have passed away in the prior year. These honorees will have made a meaningful and sustained impact in their community, whether through leadership or financial generosity. The Tributes Committee strives for diverse community representation. Tributes Honorees have their bio and photo in the program book, and are acknowledged from the stage through a slide presentation and a live musical tribute.
Nominations should include:
- Name of nominee
- Date of death (between August 1, 2018 and August 16, 2019)
- County of residence and counties of philanthropic activity (San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa)
- Summary of nonprofit affiliations and philanthropic activities
- Link to publicly posted obituary or other information about the nominee, if available
- Whether the nominee was a former National Philanthropy Day Honoree, if known
- Name and contact information for the individual or organization making the submission
Click to complete the online Tributes Nomination form here. If the online form does not work for you, email the above information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more information on NPD 2019.
Still have questions? Contact: email@example.com.
Tributes Committee Co-Chairs & Members
Travis Carley, Managing Director, San Francisco, CCS Fundraising*
Audrey Yee, Esq., Director of Planned Giving, Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
See all committee members here.
See the 2018 program book and showing Tributes Honorees.